Saturday, November 24, 2012

Finished the Book of Mormon!




We finished the Book for Mormon as a family this week!  What a great feeling it is.  We talked with the kids about Moroni's challenge and said this is for you.  Our three oldest children resolved to pray about the Book to find out for themselves if it is correct.  It was a really spiritual scripture study as we bore our testimonies of how important these words are.  We decided that we would begin it again because in the introduction it says:  "Concerning this record the Prophet Joseph Smith said: “I told the brethren that the Book of Mormon was the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book.”

We are going to celebrate by going to the JumpZone.  It's a new Trampoline Park.  We have never been but have heard it is a lot of fun for kids and families.  

I'm grateful for my parents starting this tradition of reading scriptures as a family and then celebrating through a fun activity together.  Thanks mom and dad!

3 comments:

  1. Woo hoo congrats. We split things up and after we finished reading it we started the picture book one. That went fast and we are onto the book again. I bet your fam will enjoy the jump zone as much as we did. Congrats again, it really is a great accomplishment with kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!!! I found you on mormon mommy blogs.. I'm looking around for new blog candy to read!! You're def on my list now! We seem to enjoy the same thing... parenting!! We did the book of mormon challenge and loved it. What a sweet spirit in our home afterwards! It's time to start again I think!!
    Love, JL~
    www.ldsparenting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh, i feel so stupid... i have you on my blogroll!! you've changed the look of your blog!! i love it!! yay!!! keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!