Friday, August 24, 2012

What do you live for?


My friends cousin Alisa is battling cancer and she wrote a beautiful post on what we really should be living for.   The old magic that Roars.   Please take a minute to read this, it is very thought provoking!  She references this song by Celine Dion called "Live for the One I love."
I hope when we as parents make decisions that we remember who we love.  The decisions we make not only effect us but they effect our children.  Really the things that matter in life is those we love so why not spend more time giving to them and being apart of their lives.  One of my favorite lines in this song is "Give, Asking nothing in return."  Mothers and Fathers do this everyday.  I'm so grateful to be a mother of four beautiful children.   It amazes me at the things I learn just by being with them.  I can't imagine what it would feel like to know you might be dying within a few months.  I know I would hold my loved ones close.  Thank you Alisa for reminding me where my priorities should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!