Saturday, December 29, 2012

100 Day Challenge




My piano students have just been issued the 100 day challenge!  I'm excited because I always see amazing progress occur during this time and the months afterward.  The challenge is for my students to practice their instrument 100 days in a row without missing one day.  This is a huge commitment on both the parents and the students.  As they do this they are establishing a habit in their life and finding that they can do hard things.

There is something about setting a goal and sticking to it that is so exciting and rewarding!  The new year is a great time to do this.  I'm always saddened to hear of all the people that say, "I'm not going to set any new years resolutions, because I don't keep them."  Aren't we all trying suppose to improve our lives over time.  And what a better time then a new year.

It doesn't need to be practicing an instrument, it could be saying your prayers, scripture study, exercise, cleaning your room, Saying "I love you" to your spouse or children, any thing we would like to change in your life.  If you do something for 100 days it will become a habit!  So why not set a goal and do 100 consecutive days of something.  Give yourself motivation by setting up an awesome reward that makes you excited to do it.  Here is a link to our tally sheet.  If you have trouble opening this put your e-mail in my comments and I will send you the excel file.  Be sure to put your tally sheet in a prominent place in your home so you will always see it.  You should also share your goal with someone you love to keep you in check.  Challenge them to set a goal to and you can help each other.

All my children are doing the 100 days of practicing.  I on the other had am doing 100 days of personal scripture study and personal prayer.  We are going to put our tally sheets in the dining room so we can see it at every meal.  This will remind us all to do our tasks.

I challenge you to make it a family affair and talk with your kids about what habit they would like to establish in their life this year.  I'd love to hear about your challenges,  Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!