Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Thought on Priorities

Whenever I find myself not enjoying what I'm doing, being a mother, I have to look at if I'm too busy. I know when I'm too busy, I start snapping at my kids, I'm impatient, and I'm not seeing the beauty of my children. Almost without fail when I'm like this, I'm trying to do too much. How can we enjoy life if we are trying to do too many things? One of my favorite quotes in my house is, "In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed not just endured." --Gordon B. Hinckley My goal is to do this. But it's a struggle for me especially when I have put to many events and projects to accomplish. Does anyone else struggle with this? What do you do to keep your persective as a mother? What helps and reminds you to enjoy today and not wish it away?

1 comment:

  1. What? I'm not the only one that does this? Wow!
    I have no suggestions right now but you have me thinking as it is very important and one that I fail at constantly. I'll have to get back to you on that one, but I will get back to you.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!