Saturday, March 3, 2012

Doing Hair-My new goal!

I do a lot in the morning.  Here is what I try to get done before I start teaching preschool at 9:00 am
Exercise, shower and get ready, get boys up and practicing their instruments, make breakfast, make lunches, family scriptures study and prayer, eat breakfast, clean up breakfast, last minute prep for preschool, clean my room, make sure the girls are dressed and then practice flute and piano with them.

Kids start coming for preschool and I look at the girls hair and go, Oops I forgot to do their hair!  I'm embarrassed to admit that one Saturday night came and I realized that their hair was still the same from their Sunday hair do.  OK that only happened once but Whoa, I never should let that happen.  It's not that I want them to be little beauty queens but I think they should at least get in the practice of combing their hair everyday.  I think part of the problem is I started out with two boys.  Boy's hair is much easier to do.  Even when I comb my boys hair you can't tell two minutes later because they have rubbed their head on something and it's unkempt again.  I know excuses, excuses...

So I went to Relief Society a week ago and one of the classes they taught was on hair care.  I was deeply humbled and came home and told Devin that I needed to go to the store and get some hair supplies.   I had hair stuff but needed to organize it so I could find it easily.  Here is what I did to organize.  This wasn't what I intended on getting but this is what they had at the dollar store so I adapted and I think it will work fine.  These are little food clear boxes with white lids and then I've organized all my elastics and small clips by color.  Then I have an tote organizer that has my water, combs, brush and the larger elastics and ribbons.  So my goal is to do their hair everyday.  My friend gave them the idea to do it when they are already doing something we do.  I'm too hands on with them while they practice but I thought I would try to do their hair right after they practice.  The Challenge is on!


3 comments:

  1. Good for you. You have a super productive schedule already. If you want any in person tutorials, give me a call, I have a little practice on girl hair. :) I noticed your hair looked adorable last Sunday, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am exited for you! I love doing my girls' hair (most of the time). It is a great chance to talk with them and we actually have a lot of silliness occur during hair time. Can't wait to see you all tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you two! I will take you up on that Andrea for a tutorial sometime. It helps to see it done for sure!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!