Sunday, February 12, 2012

Courageous Resolution-For all Real Men!

My husband's dad rarely recommends a movie but he highly recommended all of his son's take the time to watch Courageous.  He said this.  
I would say that the movie "Courageous" is one of the most remarkable movies that I have ever seen.  It is a must see movie if you don't see any other movie this year.  If you didn't know any better you would think that it was produced by the church (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints).  It has such a strong Christian theme that you will be really surprised by the message.  You know that it has to be good for me to make a strong recommendation. 
So we watched this movie a couple a weeks ago and I really loved it's message.  It's about four men who decide that they can be more then just average dads.  They wanted to be the best dad for their children that they could.  They sign a resolution and commit to the following:
I do solemnly resolve before God to take full responsibility for myself, my wife, and my children.
I will love them, protect them, serve them, and teach them the 
word of God as the spiritual leader of my home.
I will be faithful to my wife to love and honor her and be 
willing to lay down my life for her as Jesus Christ did for me.
I will bless my children and teach them to love God 
with all their hearts, all their minds, and with all their strength.
I will train them to honor authority, and live responsibly. 
I will confront evil, pursue justice, and love mercy.
I will pray for others, and treat them with kindness, respect and compassion.
I will work diligently to provide for the needs of my family.
I will forgive those who have wronged me and reconcile with those I have wronged.
I will learn from my mistakes, repent of my sins, and walk with integrity, as a man answerable to God.
I will seek to honor God, be faithful to his church, obey his word, and do his will.
I will courageously work with the strength God provides to fulfill this resolution for the rest of my life.
As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
I am Courageous!
I made a document of this resolution that I will put in our home as a reminder here is a link if you would like a copy.
I am grateful for the men in my life who are working towards fulfilling these same values.  Both my husband and I agreed that this resolution is very similar to the Family Proclamation to the world. Speaking to parents it says:  
 Parents have a sacred duty to rear their children in love and righteousness, to provide for their physical and spiritual needs, to teach them to love and serve one another, to observe the commandments of God and to be law-abiding citizens wherever they live. Husbands and wives—mothers and fathers—will be held accountable before God for the discharge of these obligations. Children are entitled to birth within the bonds of matrimony, and to be reared by a father and a mother who honor marital vows with complete fidelity. Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities. By divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families. Mothers are primarily responsible for the nurture of their children. In these sacred responsibilities, fathers and mothers are obligated to help one another as equal partners. Disability, death, or other circumstances may necessitate individual adaptation. Extended families should lend support when needed.
It's time for men and women to stand up and be courageous parents!
If you haven't seen the show you can get it on Red box and if you live close to Cache Valley, there is a showing in a couple weeks for free.  

Emmanuel Baptist Church is sponsoring a free showing of Courageous

February 25, 2012 at 7:00 PM until 9:00 PM
Location: 310 N. 800 E. Hyrum, UT 84319
Phone: 435-245-5898
Email: cholmes65@live.com

Free Movie, pop and popcorn for the family.

1 comment:

  1. That is AWESOME! I want to watch it...redbox here I come :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!