Thursday, April 19, 2012

Words of Wisdom from Saving CeeCee Honeycutt



I just finished a wonderful novel.   This was a pure luxury when I could sit down and read this book.  Here is a couple quotes that I really loved.
  • That's what friends should do. cherish the good and pretend not to notice the harmless rest.
  • Life don't wait for nobody, and even as special as you are, it ain't gonna wait for you, neither. So it's time to make up your mind that you're gonna join it.
  • Don't grow up to fast, darling. Age is inevitable, but if you nurture a childlike heart, you'll never ever grow old.
  • People is wise cause they get out in the world and live.  Wisdom comes from experience--from knowin' each day is a gift and accepting it with gladness.  You read a whole lot of books, and readin' sure has made you smart, but ain't no book in the world gonna make you wise.
  •  Don't go wastin' all them bright tomorrows you ain't even seen by hangin' on to what happened yesterday.  Let go, child.  Just breathe out and let go.
  • It's how we survive the hurts in life that brings us strength and gives us our beauty. 

3 comments:

  1. I think this is the one Deonne mentioned or maybe you did. I need to check it out, sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your lovely comments about my novel. I loved writing it and am delighted that you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth-You are very welcome. I tell everyone about this book because I thought it was so wonderful! I'm glad you found my blog.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!