Monday, April 16, 2012

Online Preschool-Utah Upstart

"To learn to read is to light a fire; every syllable that is spelled out is a spark." -Victor Hugo



So I've posted about this before but I'm excited it about it again so I'm going to do anyway.  Pumpkin, who is now in Kindergarten participated in the Upstart program last year and it was wonderful!  They give you a jump drive for your computer that you take home and then you connect with it and online.  The preschool program is tailored to the ability of your child.  As your child progresses, so does the level of the material given.  Your child, identifies their name, letters, numbers, and progresses to eventually sounding out words.  The music in the program is wonderful!  I have sung along and even have taken some of the song I learned and have used them in my preschool.  I got a call to see if we were still interested in the program for Peanut.  And I was surprised and excited!  I explained to them that I teach preschool here in my home but this didn't matter.  If you do not have a computer they will loan computers to families for the year.
The requirement to participate is you

  • Commit to have your child sit down and play on the program for 15 minutes a day/5 days a week 
  • You need to live in Utah.  
  • Your child needs to be one year away from starting Kindergarten

We got a few calls when we didn't do so well in getting on the computer.  You can play with your child but I recommend you let your child do it all on their own.  This way it won't but you if they keep getting something wrong.  They do learn and even the computer skills they learn is so great. If you have a preschool child or will in the next few years I would highly recommend pre-enrolling.  You can also call 1–800–669–4533 if you have any questions or would like to pre-register on the phone.  There are a limited number of slots still open for fall 2012 program so pre-enroll today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!